Wednesday 17 June 2009

87 baby...

i can't begin to imagine how many times i used to stare at pride's section of this clip and wonder what would it be like to live in london and be part of the graf scene down here and go to camberwell college on the back of my graf and make something of myself rather than taking drugs and getting drunk and into trouble...i used to get the clipper down from newcastle on a friday night (£13 return..phew!!) as groove records on greek street would get all the new imports in on a saturday morning which westwood had played the week before, and i'd wing it down to the general in kensington market to get a new tag belt trying to avoid a taxing on the way out...as 15 year old geordie kid it was like a real utopia...a true escape both for my mind and my body...but it felt like a reality too...22 years later and a bit of cleaning up of my act and im sat in my office wondering what i have now in my life that will be an intrinsic part of my life in 2031 and what things ill remember that define this moment...i have my hopes...which are actual possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment